1) What is the meaning of the word "Qur'an" ?
A) That which is Read.
2) Where was the Qur'an revealed first ?
A) In the cave of Hira (Makkah)
3) On which night was the Qur'an first revealed ?
A) Lailatul-Qadr (Night of the Power)
4) Who revealed the Qur'an?
A) Allah revealed the Qur'an
5) Through whom was the Qur'an revealed?
A) Through Angel Jibraeel (Alaihis-Salaam)
6) To whom was the Qur'an revealed?
A) To the last Prophet, Muhammed (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam).
7) Who took the responsibility of keeping the Qur'an safe?
A) Allah himself.
8) What are the conditions for holding or touching the Qur'an?
A) One has to be clean and to be with wudhu (ablution).
9) Which is the book which is read most?
A) The Qur'an.
10) What is the topic of the Qur'an?
11) What are the other names of the Qur'an according to the Qur'an itself?
A) A l-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor, Al-Huda.
12) How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
13) How many Madani Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
14) How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Qur'an?
15) How many Paara or Juz (parts) are there in the Qur'an?
16) How many Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
17) How many Rukoo (paragraphs) are there in the Qur'an?
18) How many Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur'an?
19) How many times is the word 'Allah' repeated in the Qur'an?
20) How many different types of Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur'an?
21) Who is the first 'Haafiz' of the Qur'an?
A) Prophet Muhammed (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam)
22) At the time of the death of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) how many Huffaz were there?
23) How many Aayaath (verses) on Sajda (prostation) are there in the Qur'an?
24) In which Paara (part) and Surah (chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda (prostation)?
A) 9th Paara, 7th Chapter-Surah-al-Araaf, Verse 206.
25) How many times has the Qur'an stressed about Salaat or Namaaz (prayer)?
A) 700 times
26) How many times has the Qur'an emphasized on alms or charity?
27) How many times in the Qur'an, is the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi
Wasallam) addressed asYaa-Aiyu-Han-Nabi?
A) 11 times
28) Where in the Qur'an has Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been named 'Ahmed'?
A) Paara 28th, Surah Saff, Ayath 6th.
29) How many times has the name of Rasool-ullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
been mentioned in the Qur'an?
A) Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-4times Ahmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-1 time.
30) Name the Prophet whose name is mentioned and discussed most in the
A) Moosa (Alahis-Salaam)
39) Which is the first and the most ancient Mosque according to the Qur'an?
40) In Qur'an mankind is divided into two groups. Which are those two groups?
A) Believers and disbelievers
41) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur'an that his body is
kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A) Fir'aun. (Pharaoh).
42) Besides the body of Pharaoh, what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A) Noah's Ark.
43) After the wreckage of Prophet Noah's Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in theQur'an?
A) Cave of Judi.
46) In the Qur'an there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother's name. Who was he?
A) Jesus [Prophet Isa (Alahis salaam)] is mentioned as Ibn Maryam.
47) Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen' without fighting a battle?
A) Treaty of Hudaibiya
48) What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Qur'an?
A) Iblees and Ash-Shaitaan.
49) Which category of creature does the Qur'an put 'Iblees' into?
50) What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
A) Salaat and Zakaat. (Al Baqarah:43)
51) The Qur'an repeatedly warns of a certain day. Can you say which day it is?
A) Youmal Qiyamah.(Doomsday)
52) Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Qur'an?
A) Companions of Prophet Muhammed. (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
53) In which Holy Book of Non-Muslims the Qur'an mentioned repeatedly?
A) In the Holy Book of Sikh Community - Granth Saheb.
54) In which year were the vowels inserted in the Qur'an?
A) 43 Hijri.
55) Who were the first serious students of the Qur'an?
A) As-haabus Suffah.
56) Which is the first Residential University where the faculty of the Qur'an was established for the first time?
A) Masjid-e-Nabvi. [Mosque of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)]
57) By what name did the Qur'an address those noble and pious people who were selected by Allah to convey His message to mankind?
A) Nabi (Prophet) and Rasool (Messenger).
58) What type of a person does the Qur'an want to make?
59) What is the scale or measure of one's dignity according to the Qur'an?
A) Thaqwa. (Piety)
60) What according to the Qur'an is the root cause of the evil?
61) What are the two most important types of Aayaat (Verses) found in the Qur'an?
A) Muhakamaat and muthashabihaath.
62) Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur'an?
63) Which is the smallest Surah in the Qur'an?
64) What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when
Qur'an was first revealed to him through Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam)?
A) 40 Years.
65) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Qur'an in Makkah?
A) 13 Years.
66) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the
revelation of the Qur'an in Madinah?
A) 10 Years.
67) Where was the first Surah revealed?
A) In Makkah.
68) Where was the last Surah revealed?
A) In Madinah.
69) How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Qur'an?
A) 22 years, 5 months and 14 days.
70) Which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an is to be read compulsorily in each raka'at of the Salaat (Namaaz)?
71) Which is the Surah, which Allah taught as a Du'a (Prayer)?
72) What is the reason of keeping Surah-al-Fatihah in the beginning of the Qur'an?
A) It is the door to the Qur'an
73) What is the Surah (Chapter) revealed completely and found first place in the Qur'an?
74) Who was the only lady whose personal name is found in the Qur'an?
A) Mariam (Alaihis-salaam).
75) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an do you find maximum instructions?
76) When and Where did the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam) meet for the second time?
A) On Friday,18th Ramadan, in the Cave of Hira.
77) What was the interval between the first and the second revelation?
A) 2 years and six months.
78) Which is the Surah (Chapter) that does not start with Bismillah?
A) Surah-al-Taubah or Bara'ath.
79) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an Bismillah is repeated twice?
A) Surah-al Naml.
80) How many Surah (Chapter) in the Qur'an have the titles named after different Prophets?
A) 6 Surahs (Chapters):
81) In which part of the Qur'an do you find 'Ayat-ul Kursi' (Verse of the Throne)?
A) In the beginning of the third Part. (Chapter2-55)
82) How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Qur'an?
85) Which is that only book which is completely memorized by millions of people in the world?
86) What did the Jinns who heard a few Aayaath Verses) of the Qur'an say to each other?
A) We have heard a unique discourse which shows the right path, verily we believe in it.
88) Into how many languages of the world has the Holy Qur'an been translated?
A) Nearly 103 languages.
90) What will be our condition on 'The day of the Judgment' according to the Qur'an?
A) Everybody will be in a state of anxiety.
91) Who was the Prophet mentioned in the Qur'an whose three generations were prophets?
A) Ibraheem (Alaihis-salaam).
92) What is that book which abolished all old rules and regulations?
93) What does the Qur'an say about property and wealth?
A) They are tests of one's faith.
94) According to the Qur'an who is "khaatamun Nabiyyeen" (the last of the Prophets)?
A) Prophet Muhammed. (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
95) What is the name of the book that tells us clearly about the reality of the beginning and the end of the world?
96) In the Qur'an what other name is given to the city of Makkah?
A) Bakkah and Baladul Ameen.
97) According to the Qur'an what other name is given to the city of Madinah?
98) Whose Generation is known as "Bani Israeel" according to the Qur'an?
A) The generation of Prophet Yaqoob(Alaihis salaam) who is also known as Israeel.
99) Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Qur'an?
d) Masjid-u l-Aqsa.
e) Masjid Quba.
100) The name of which angels are mentioned in the Qur'an?
a) Jibraeel. (Alaihis salaam)
b) Meekaeel.(Alaihis salaam)
c) Haroot.(Alaihis salaam)
d) Maroot.(Alaihis salaam)
Alfalah Consulting - Kuala Lumpur : www.alfalahconsulting.com